John Aitken - Club Captain
John was elected Club Captain at the AGM on Friday 1st December 2017.
A message from the Captain:
Cathcart Castle is a golf club steeped in history and offers a mature, challenging parkland course. The club is owned by and run for members, visitors and guest’s enjoyment. I do hope that all golfers experience the friendly, welcoming atmosphere and excellent facilities that Cathcart Castle Golf Club has to offer.
Cathcart Castle has a full calendar of competitions and social events. There are open competitions during the year in addition to the regular member’s events and various interclub team matches covering all capabilities, including juniors, ladies, and low handicap players.
Our clubhouse offers a varied menu and is able to provide golf meals, snacks, beverages and drinks. The clubhouse can accommodate visiting parties as well as private functions. Members enjoy social events including Band Nights, Burns Supper and Dinner Functions.
Bookings for the Clubhouse and any queries regarding golf membership offers can be made through the office manned throughout the week by David and Alan. You can phone our PGA Professional Stephen Duncan who can also answer any queries on open days competitions and the ever - popular visiting parties.
The members here are very proud of our club but don’t take our word for it. Come and pay a visit to Cathcart Castle Golf Club and see for yourself.
Membership Categories & Costs 2017-18
All of the membership categories noted below are currently available.
These offer immediate entry to the club upon full payment of the amounts noted, flexible finance options are available through Zebra Golf Finance.
For further information on any of the memberships please email the Managing Secretary or contact us directly on 0141 638 9449.
|Age specific adult Member||£332||see # below||£40||18-21yrs old|
|Age specific adult Member||£433||see # below||£40||22-25yrs old|
|Age specific adult Member||£618||see # below||£40||26-29yrs old|
|Introductory Membership||£785||see note*||£40|
|Introductory Full Membership||£935||see note*||£40||see note|
|Junior age 15-17||£200||NIL||N/A|
|Junior age 11-14||£100||NIL||N/A|
All playing membership prices include Golf Union fees
# Entry fee is currently not applicable to new age specific adult members or new Lady Members.
Adult males aged 30+ can benefit from our "18 months for 12" offer on Introductory and Full Introductory Membership, when taking a membership between 1st September 2017 and 31 March 2018 .
- Full - this category offers unrestricted golf throughout the year, including competition play and full use of the clubhouse facilities. Full members are also entitled to vote on club matters.
- Age specific adult Member - Open to age ranges between 18 to 21, 22 to 25 & 26 to 29 years old. See note #below .
- Introductory -The use of all clubhouse facilities are available. No entry fee is payable in the first year, but on the 1st anniversary of your joining, you must apply for full membership or leave. The entry fee #* is payable at that point subject to agreed payment terms.
Rights & Limitations: No voting rights until a Full member. No knockout competition or Saturday medal play. However, can play in Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday medals. Offer only available to new members.
- Introductory Full – same playing rights as a Full Member but no equity or voting rights. On the 1st Anniversary of your joining, you must apply for Full membership and start paying your entry fee #*. Offer only available to new members.
*£900 Entry fee payable £15 per month over 5 years or £25 over 3 years. Entry fee can also be paid in full at the time of joining at a cost of £750 - a saving of £150.
- Junior - We encourage juniors to apply to join the club. Juniors have full access to the course on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday with restricted availability on other days. They have access to clubhouse facilities.
- Family - there are three options available for family memberships:
1 . If there are 2 juniors or more, who are from the same family and neither parent is a member the 2nd child pays half the annual subscription (£100) and the 3rd child and any subsequent child pays 1/3rd (£66.67).
2 . If there are 2 adults with one child or more (eligible as juniors), each child pays half price (£100)
3 . If there is one adult and 2 children, who are either juniors or youths, the 2nd child and each child thereafter pays half if a junior or 2/3rds if a youth, (either £261.33 or £371.33)
- Social - Social members have full use of all the clubhouse facilities.
- Rates - For hire rates and member's guest green fees click here
Reciprocal Golf available to members:
Cathcart Castle has reciprocal arrangements available with the following:
Milngavie Golf Club and Bonnyton Golf Club -members may play at these courses by arrangement. Playing times may be booked by contacting the Managing Secretary .
James Braid courses - We are members of the Association of James Braid Courses. Members have access to play at over 200 member clubs in the UK and Ireland with reduced green fees..... more
The 1895 Club of which Cathcart Castle is a member was formed by a number of clubs, all celebrating their Centenary in 1995. All members of the 1895 club offer reciprocal courtesy of the course to visiting members from other 1895 clubs.
Mearns Castle Golf Academy and Playsport (East Kilbride) - members are entitled to discount on range balls during certain weekday evenings.
Member Incentives for existing Members:
£100 bar card credit if you introduce a new golfer to the Club
If you introduce a new golfing member aged 18 or over and they renew their membership after their initial introductory membership period, and they commence the payment of a joining fee, if applicable, you will get £100 bar card credit added to your clubhouse account, once they have made payment of their renewal subscription.
Your name needs to be on their application form as the proposer for you to be the recipient of this £100. If you have been a member less than 3 years and are not permitted to propose them on the application form, insert your name against the space on the form for the “Introducer”.